i would like to complain about customer service in the city of detroit, dte energy customer service.my husband is responsible for the gas bill i am responsible for the lights, ironically, one income can't cover charges.

husband recieved shut off notice of 582.00. he went to the company paid 400.00 to a customer representative, with entire bill, the money was taken, reciept given. friday @ 5:00 field rep came shut off gas. called spoke to a manager regarding remaining balance.

paid remainder balance plus reconnect fee plus more expenses/all to be informed that no heat until monday with 2 children,2 dogs, the manager asked me could i find friends or family to stay with after taking 400.00 no i don't nor can i go to a hotel without money.merry christmas in this 21 degree weather.

Had an Experience with Dte Energy?

Comments

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #632170

Really?Are you people THAT uneducated?

No wonder you got your power and gas turned off. Obviously you cannot read and write from your obvious lack of typing skills. You probably didn't read your billing statement correctly or just thought "eff it. I'm not paying".

How's that working out for you now not having power or gas in February?This is soo laughable.

DTE cut off my electricity and gas for a past due bill of $118 in the dead of winter on a Friday.After I paid the bill, fees and a security deposit they informed me that I would be without heat and electricity for 3 days.

How do we allow this in our country?This is inhumane treatment of my family.

DTE cut off my electricity and gas for a past due bill of $118 in the dead of winter on a Friday.After I paid the bill, fees and a security deposit.

They informed me that I would be with heat or electricity for 3 days.

How do we allow this in our country.This is inhumnane treatment of my family.

#232017

How long does Dte Energy denies a customer service for a very outstanding past bill I am trying to move and i can't because I can't get my utilites on in my name do i have to file bankruptcy in order to be able to move my family in a better home or do i just have to suffer the bill as been sent to a collection agency please give me some kind of information :sigh

Qal'at Al Andalus, Aiana, Tunisia #195603

It is not against the law to have your services disconnected dut to non payment..Almost doesn't count with DTE Enrgy unless you have an agreement. That's becuase when you didn't make a complete you knew you had those two children at the home that might not have heat in December in MI. Shame on you

If what youhave said is true, you having children and the bill is paid as well as the reconect fee?!There are laws against this.

Please do your children a favore and get online at a library or somewhere and file a complaint with the MI state attorney general's webiste. They will forward that complaint to the MI untilities commission. They will get everything squared away for you and they will fine DTE. I had a problem with DTE also, they over charged me by over 206.00 on my bill.

Good thing I read my meter on the same day or week as they do. My problem was resolved very quickly! Since that 90 yr old man died last winter from a shut off, MI made laws against that sort of thing.

Especially when the majority of the bill was paid!Go get em!